|Senator Harkin to Recieve NLADA’s Champion of Justice Through Public Service Award|
WASHINGTON DC, (September 23) – The National Legal Aid and Defender Association (NLADA) has today announced that Senator Tom Harkin (D-IA) will receive its first ever Champion of Justice through Public Service Award. The award honors a public servant who has, through leadership, advocacy, and engagement, significantly enhanced the accessibility of justice in America for those unable to afford a legal counsel. Senator Harkin will accept the award on November 12 at the opening ceremony of the NLADA Annual Conference in Arlington, VA.
|Congratulations to the 2014 Beacon of Justice Winners|
NLADA presented the Beacon of Justice Award to 25 law firms at the Exemplar Award Dinner on June 26, 2014, in front of more than 500 guests at the beautiful Mayflower Hotel in Washington, D.C. The audience was comprised of a cross section of the legal community that came together in support of NLADA’s mission of securing equal access to justice for all.
Items of Note
- Michelle Bonner Joins NLADA
- Harrison McIver Receives Dorsey Award from ABA
- Webinar: Pretrial Justice Reform
- Free Webinar: Creating Social Biography Videos to Humanize Clients for Better Case Resolutions
- New Fellowship Launched to Build Healthcare Expertise Among Civil Legal Aid Leaders
- Materials and Links from February 12th Federal Funding Teleconference