|Congratulations to the 2014 Beacon of Justice Winners|
NLADA presented the Beacon of Justice Award to 25 law firms at the Exemplar Award Dinner on June 26, 2014, in front of more than 500 guests at the beautiful Mayflower Hotel in Washington, D.C. The audience was comprised of a cross section of the legal community that came together in support of NLADA’s mission of securing equal access to justice for all.
|Justice Ginsburg Advises Young Women Never to Give Up|
NLADA bestowed the Justice John Paul Stevens Lifetime Achievement Award on U.S. Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg at the inaugural NLADA Leadership Appreciation Luncheon on Friday, June 27, at the historic Mayflower Hotel in Washington, D.C. Retired U.S. Supreme Court Justice John Paul Stevens presented the Award to Justice Ginsburg in front of a standing ovation. After the award presentation, both Justices graciously participated in an in-depth Q & A session, with all questions posed by event attendees. The nearly 200 guests present were captivated as Justices Ginsburg and Stevens offered their opinions on issues ranging from specialized courts to civil right to counsel.
Items of Note
- Michelle Bonner Joins NLADA
- Harrison McIver Receives Dorsey Award from ABA
- Webinar: Pretrial Justice Reform
- Free Webinar: Creating Social Biography Videos to Humanize Clients for Better Case Resolutions
- New Fellowship Launched to Build Healthcare Expertise Among Civil Legal Aid Leaders
- Materials and Links from February 12th Federal Funding Teleconference